Click here to find out if your membership is current?
Louisiana Psychiatric Medical Association
Top 10 Member Benefits
- Personal attention and assistance from LPMA Staff to help navigate professional situations and concerns
- Alerts & Notices about information you need on laws, regulations, reimbursements, and the multitude of non-clinical issues confronting practicing psychiatrists, including federal healthcare reform, electronic medical records, Medicare, Medicaid, state budget issues, and more
- Advocacy with state regulators, policy makers and the Governor’s Office
- Access to CME programs that tackle important issues, like CPT Coding changes and the new DSM-5 changes; our Annual Meeting Scientific Sessions feature nationally-known speakers and the latest issues facing psychiatry
- Member Discounts for CME programs, insurance benefits, online & print advertisements, and more!
- Advanced notice of employment opportunities statewide through the member’s only job opportunity link on the website at www.lpma.net
- Access to LPMA Publications, including the website with special member’s only content and bi-monthly e-newsletter
- Increased business to your practice through use of the LPMA’s Find a Psychiatrist link on the website at www.lpma.net
- Access by phone and email to LPMA staff and leadership to express opinions and get help
- Leadership Opportunities such as serving on committees and task forces and running for elected offices
The mission of the Louisiana Psychiatric Medical Association (LPMA), a district branch of the American Psychiatric Association, is to promote mental health, support quality treatment of psychiatric disorders, and support the professional agenda and standards of our national organization.
Resident & Fellow Excellence in Psychiatry Award | Resident & Fellow Travel Grants